Open as PDF
Thy Kingdom Come
I. Daniel's vision of the subsequent kingdoms of man.
A. They are marked by violence and destruction.
B. He sees in his vision a final world leader who blasphemes God
and turns against the Jews who are classified as the saints of
the most High.
C. Man has been in rebellion against God from the Garden of Eden.
1. One of the first things that man did was to rebel
against the commandment of God.
2. Man had been warned of the destructive results of his
actions but he did it anyhow.
a. For by one man sin entered the world, and death
by sin so that death passed unto all men for
b. What far reaching consequences sin has.
c. Sin has such destructive consequences.
D. God who created man, knows what is best for man, and has set
down the rules for man to have a healthy, happy life.
1. God knew that consequences of violating those rules, we
are beginning to discover them.
2. God forbid man to do those things that are destructive,
or brought pain, and suffering.
3. Many of the laws were hygienic, others involved a
healthy diet. God wanted man to be strong and healthy.
4. So many of the laws involved relationships with others.
God wanted man to live in peace and harmony with his
5. Many of the laws had to do with man's relationship with
His creator. God wanted man to know the joy, peace,
love, help and strength that fellowship with God can
E. History clearly demonstrates how nations that live by the rules
of God are blessed, and how when Gods and mans rights are
honored there is freedom and liberty. We also see by history
when nations violate the rules there is tyranny, conflict, and
multitudes of social problems.
F. The history of the United States is a case in point.
1. We were once known as the land of the free, and the
home of brave.
a. We believed that man was endowed with certain
inalienable rights to life, liberty, and the
pursuit of happiness.
2. We were free to own property and to develop that same
3. You may think that you own your own home, but the
government now disagrees, they say that they own all
property. You can lease your property from them on an
annual lease program with your payment divided into two
installments they call property taxes. If you should
fail to pay, they will come, by force if necessary, to
remove you from the property, will sell your property
to the highest bidder.
4. You cannot believe the abuse of authority that we have
encountered in trying to build this small office
addition on the church. No wonder the building industry
is all be dead. It is so difficult to get permits, and
so costly, they then so hassle you every step of the
way that they discourage you from even trying. We are
becoming regulated to death.
G. The true purpose of government was to preserve the good.
Government now has begun to promote evil.
1. We used to have laws protecting us from obscenity.
The laws now protect the obscenity.
2. We had laws protecting us from pornography. Now they
protect those who want to produce the pornography.
3. We used to have laws against abortion, now they protect
those who desire to have an abortion.
4. We used to have laws against homosexuality, now there
are laws granting them special privileges.
5. We used to have laws that made divorce difficult, now
all we need to declare is that we are incompatible.
H. Look at the result in our society.
1. There is a total moral breakdown
2. It is gang rule in the streets.
3. Homosexuals can disrupt people who seek to worship God
screaming obscenities to those entering the place of
4. Sexually transmitted diseases are ravaging our society
while they demand that the government spend our tax
dollars to find a cure for their viruses so that they
can continue their perverted life styles without the
worry of contacting aids.
G. The outlook is grim, and I do not see any hope of it improving,
especially in the next four years.
H. The Bible foresaw these terrible consequences of man being
governed by sin, and predicted the very things that we are
1. This know, that in the last days perilous times shall
come for men shall be lovers of their own selves,
covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to
parents, unthankful, unholy, without natural affection,
trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce,
despisers of those that are good, traitors, heady
high-minded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of
2. As the righteous judgment of God begins to fall, we
read that they repented not of their worship of
devils, or their murders, nor of their drugs or of
their fornication or thefts.
II. The bright spot in the future. Jesus is coming again with the clouds
of heaven, and God will give Him dominion, glory, and the kingdom.
A. Jesus said, "Immediately after the tribulation of those days
shall they see the sign of the Son of Man, coming with clouds
and great glory."
1. His Kingdom is a righteous Kingdom.
2. And the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the
Lord as the waters cover the sea.
3. John wrote, "I heard a great voice out of heaven
saying, behold the tabernacle of God is with men, and
He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people,
and God Himself, shall be with them, and be their God.
And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and
there shall be no more death neither sorrow, nor
crying, neither shall there be any more pain, for the
former things are passed away."
B. Who cannot enter the kingdom of God?
1. ICor.6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not
inherit the kingdom of God? be not deceived: neither
fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor
effeminate, nor homosexuals nor thieves, nor covetous,
nor drunkards, nor revilers nor extortioners, shall
inherit the kingdom of God.
2. Eph. 5:5 "For we know that no whoremonger, nor unclean
person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater hath any
inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.
3. Gal. 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest which
are these: Adultery, fornication, sexual impurity,
idolatry, drug abuse, hatred, variance, emulations
seditions, heresies, envyings, murders drunkeness,
revellings, and such like they which do such things
shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
C. Who will enter the kingdom of God.
1. Those who have put their trust in Jesus Christ and have
acknowledged Him as their Lord.