Open as PDF
DANIEL A MAN OF EXCELLENT SPIRIT
Intro: Man is made up of body, soul, spirit. Not originally created in
this order. Our mind is in the middle being ruled by body
appetites or spiritual desires.
I. "AN EXCELLENT SPIRIT WAS IN HIM"
A. A man whose spirit excelled.
1. The spirit was uppermost and ruled
B. How did this come about?
1. He was a man of purpose.
a. He had purposed not to defile himself.
b. So many today lack a purpose
1. Purpose to live a life pleasing to
C. What were the marks of the excellent spirit.
1. He was a man of power.
2. Ruled in three great kingdoms.
II. THE IMPORTANCE OF THE SPIRIT RULING.
A. Only as the spirit rules do we have communion with God.
1. God does not deal directly with our body or our mind.
a. His Spirit bears witness with our spirits.
b. This is life on its highest plane.
c. Life and peace.
B. Life ruled by the body appetites is life on the animal plane.
1. It is never satisfied "Drink this water."
2. It is out of touch with God. "The mind of the flesh
cannot know God."
3. It is an enemy of God.
4. It leads to great frustrations.
a. Always conscious of something more to life.
b. Seeking that something through varied
c. Thinking for a time you have discovered.
d. Disappointed and searching again.
III. HOW TO BE RULED BY THE SPIRIT.
A. Jesus said, "Ye must be born again."
1. That which is born of flesh is flesh.
a. From earliest days your body appetites ruled.
1. While you were in crib you began to
express your demands for someone to
a. If they failed you would let
them know in uncertain terms.
"You haven't changed much."
b. "that which is born of the spirit is spirit."
2. How can a man be born again?
Whosoever "believeth" in Him."
trusts upon relys - commits himself.
Let Jesus become Lord of your life.