Open as PDF
"THE BIG DIFFERENCE"
Intro: Many differences, yet many similarities Rom. "No differ."
I. THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE MAN OF THE WORLD AND THE CHRISTIAN.
A. Unfortunately this difference not always obvious, but it should be.
1. Different appetites.
1. The worldly man may be seeking security.
2. The worldly man may be seeking pleasure or happiness.
3. The worldly man may be seeking satisfaction.
4. The worldly man may be seeking love.
1. (World. how to please self.
2. (Christian) how to please God.
2. Different attitudes.
a. In prosperity.
1. Makes proud man of world.
2. Humbles Christians.
b. In adversity.
1. Nothing to hold to (drink, suicide, insanity).
2. "All things work together for good."
c. In driving.
1. Lord, help them to get home safe.
II. THE REASON FOR THE DIFFERENCE, "THE LORD DOTH PUT A DIFFERENCE."
A. We have submitted to different gods.
1. The worldly person has any of three gods.
a. Baal (Cold..
b. Molech (Lust) insatiable.
c. Mammon (Viscious).
2. The Christian has submitted to Jesus Christ as Lord.
3. A man becomes like his god.
a. The Christian is becoming loving, kind, gentle, good,
4. Thus as time passes the difference increases.
III. THERE IS COMING SOON A DAY WHEN THE BIG DIFFERENCE IS GOING TO BE VERY OBVIOUS.
A. The Rapture of the church.
1. "For the Lord Himself shall descend from heaven with the trump of God,
and the voice..."
B. The Great Tribulation.
C. The day of judgment- Matt. 25:31.
1. "Come ye blessed of the Father inherit depart from me ye accursed
Yes there is a difference, a big difference.